THE Office of the Director of Public Prosecution (ODPP) released the stats on cases of sexual abuse cases reported in May 2017.
Accordingly to ODPP, 72 separate sexual offences were reported for the month.
Here's what is alarming about the numbers:
1. There were 12 incidents where the accused and the victims were related to each other;
2. The youngest victims are babies, just over 12 months;
3. Fathers, stepfathers and grandfathers abused their children;
4. A teacher sexually abused his student;
5. A 60-year-old abused a mentally challenged person;
6. Out of 33 victims, 21 were under the age of 18 years;
7. A police officer was also charged for sexual assault;
8. Three accused persons were under 18 years-old;
9. All accused were men; and
10. This is not new.
What are we doing about it?Home | Top